Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A card that never was

Keeping with my Brooks themed month, I got this card in the mail the other day. This is from the 2006 National card show, a 'special issue' that Topps released just for that show. They issued a few cards that were 'missing' from the 1955 and 1956 sets, and this Brooks Robinson pre-rookie is one of them. I was very pleased that Topps tried to keep it as authentic as they could, staying with the size of those cards from then, as well as the dark cardboard stock. The only thing that detracts from the authenticity is the bar on the back with the 2006 copyright. I think they should have just dont the whole copyright T.C.G. etc etc and been done with it. Oh well, thats why Im not being paid by them. Anyway, I think this is a nice addition to my collection of Brooks'.

By the way... coming up will be a SPECIAL blog... give me a few weeks and you'll see what I mean, haha.

No comments: