Monday, September 24, 2012

Birthday Package From Andrew

I got a nice package in the mail Friday before we left town from my friend Andrew.  This was his birthday package to me, along with catch-up for a few trades.
He included several cards that I will likely use as trade bait for Orioles cards since he didn't have a whole lot of them to offer.  Trades or COMC bait.  Oh yeah, hit up my link at the top of the blog to see what is being offered on COMC.

This is a pretty sweet Kory Casto auto from 2007 SP Rookie Edition.  Casto was a 3rd round pick of the Expos in the 2003 draft.  He played a few games in 2007 and 2008 and has since been out of MLB.  It looks like he last played in 2010 in AA for the Diamondbacks.
Here is a 2011 Topps Hope Diamond of Jason Pridie.  He was a second round pick by the Rays in 2002 and played a few games this year for the Phillies.  It looks like Pridie still could get a shot in the majors.
Here is a relic card out of 2012 Topps of Pirates reliever Evan Meek.  Meek was an All Star for the Pirates in 2010.
Finally, here is a 2012 Opening Day Stars Tim Lincecum.  These cards are really cool.  They remind me of the old Sportflics UC3 cards from the 1990s.  I actually miss those cards.  They were a real cool concept and I, for one, bought a bunch of Sportflics packs way back when.

Thanks for the birthday package, Andrew.  It is much appreciated!

No comments: