Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Little Something From Mom

My mom gave me a couple packs of 2012 Topps Heritage that she picked up recently when I was visiting on Saturday.  I opened the packs in front of her and she was a bit disappointed to see that I didn't get any big hits (or any Orioles).
I got home and looked through both packs again and realized that there was something different about the Ryan Braun card that was in one of them.  The photo was in black and white, unlike the rest of the cards.  I looked it up on COMC and discovered that it was a B&W color swap variation and the book value is $10.  So, Mom, I did get a pretty cool hit!

Thanks for the packs, Mom.  It was nice to open some cards with you for the first time in about 15 years or so.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Got to love those moms!