Monday, September 17, 2012

Birthday Package From Scott

I got a nice birthday package today in the mail from my good buddy Scott.  Inside the package was a good bit of Orioles cards from various years.  The highlight of the package was the below Wei-Yin Chen purple rookie refractor from 2012 Topps Chrome.
This is a really pretty card.  I like the different colored refractors, so getting one of Chen (and a RC) was a plus.
I'm pretty sure I didn't already have this Cut Above Cal Ripken.  I may have pulled one from 2012 Topps Series 2, but I can't remember.  It is a nice card and it is nice to be able to continue to add new Cal cards each year, long after he has retired.
Here is a nice 2010 Topps Chrome Mark Reynolds.  I'm sure I had several of these cards, but probably traded them away long before Reynolds was complacently devouring sunflower seeds as an Oriole.  I'm glad I have it now and will add it to my Reynolds PC.
Finally, you can file this one under 'blast from the past.'  I forget sometimes that former Cy Young Award winner Pat Hentgen pitched for the Orioles.  Hentgen was signed before the 2001 season to be a part of the Orioles' rotation, but injuries ruined his time in Baltimore.  It would have been nice for him to be healthy in Baltimore, but it wasn't meant to be.

So, thanks for the birthday package, Scott!  I really appreciate it!

No comments: