Saturday, September 15, 2012

More From Drew

Here are some of the cards I got from Drew as part of my birthday package.  Drew sent me a few 1969 and 1971 Topps as well as some Orioles, a Jimmie Foxx and a Tim Lincecum.
In all, I got 4 1969 Topps that I needed for my set.  I've got  along way to go to completing the set, but I've started nicely.  It will likely take me several years to wrap it up, so any piece I can get to knock it down is always welcome.
Here is one of the 1971 cards I got, Ron Santo.  Santo is newly elected to the Hall of Fame, and rightfully so.  He played his entire career as a diabetic and lost his legs to the disease later in life.  It definitely is too bad that he did not live long enough to enjoy being elected to the Hall.
Finally, a personal favorite of mine, Jimmie Foxx.  I have done a lot of reading and discussing about the career of the Beast.  He is one of the greatest power hitters of all time, and I have held a World Series ring that he was a part of winning.  So cool.  One day, I will own a Jimmie Foxx signed baseball.  Just you watch!  I am taking donations, by the way!

So, thanks again Drew for the awesome birthday present!  I really appreciate all the cool stuff!

No comments: