Tuesday, September 4, 2012

When it Rains Inside the Dome

The Orioles were being shut out by the Jays until Mark Reynolds hit a 3-run home run in the 5th inning and the Orioles went on to score 12 runs total.
The game was really weird, though.  I was watching on MASN and it was raining inside the Skydome (or Rogers Centre, whatever they're calling it in Toronto) because the roof was partly open and remained stuck for several innings.  I don't think I have ever seen a pitcher throw from a dry mound into the rain at home plate.  Not only did fans have to break out umbrellas in a dome, but the fire alarm went off as well.  So weird.  The roof finally closed, but it didn't help the Jays at all.

Anyway, with the Oriole win and the Yankee loss tonight, the Orioles are in First place in the AL East this late in the season for the first time since 1997.  I'm loving this stuff.  It is so awesome for me to be a part of this season; I was a senior in high school the last time the Orioles posted a winning season.

I bought tickets to the September 29th game where the Orioles will dedicate the Brooks Robinson statue.  It will be so cool to actually see a game in a packed Camden Yards while meaningful games are being played in September.  I'm starting to feel it and taking it all in and savoring the moment.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

As a damn Yankees fan....I can't say that I'm thrilled with the situation - but as a fellow baseball fan & blogger, I'm pumped for you, William! Enjoy!

William Regenthal said...

Thanks Ryan. You have no idea how much this season has meant to a fan who has lived and died with the O's since the early 90s. Ask my wife, she has put up with my pouting for years.

Commishbob said...

I keep thinking this is a dream. It just seems surreal.

Fuji said...

Congratulations... I'll be pulling for your Orioles (or anyone else not in a Yankees uniform) down the stretch.

Weston DeShon said...

Wow it's been so long and you Oriole fans have gotten what you wish for.