Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Got my Signed Jericho Book Today!

I posted yesterday that my friend Mike had gotten me a signed baseball during a book signing from none other than WWE Superstar Chris Jericho. Mike also was able to buy and have signed a copy of Jericho's new book: Undisputed - How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 easy steps. I had already read Jericho's first book: A Lion's Tale, Around the World in Spandex when it came out a couple years ago, so when I heard that he was writing another, I was really excited.
When Mike emailed me the pictures of how Jericho signed my book, I was even more excited. Whenever Jericho puts someone into any kind of submission hold, he screams ASK HIM to the referee, indicating that he wants the referee to ask if the other guy gives up. Simple enough. The way he does it, however, is just great wrestling, in my opinion. Jericho plays the role of smarmy bad guy so well, that he will yell ASK HIM ever if he has someone in a submission hold, and a match isn't taking place. It's just funny to me, what can I say. Love it, hate it or be indifferent, I don't care. I have been a fan of wrestling ever since my mom's cousin would pick me up on the weekends starting when I was 3 years old. She's drive me west on I-40, across the Yadkin River, to the trailer that she and my great-aunt shared and I would hang out with them, away from my brothers, you know, have the place to myself, without having to fight over toys, the TV, etc. My cousin and I would watch the old Mid Atlantic Championship (NWA) wrestling on Friday nights. I remember watching Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, etc back then. I've been a fan ever since. I understand that a lot of people don't understand wrestling (you know it's fake, don't you?) but that's fine. I enjoy it. I've defended my love for professional wrestling my entire life, so I don't have to go down that road again. I do know that the love runs deep in my family, my great grandfather on my dad's side was a big fan as well. My aunt likes to tell stories of Opa sitting on the couch watching a wrestling show and not saying a word. He'd get so mad at the bad guys, he would clench his fist tight; everyone would think he was having a heart attack.

Anyway, I'm really glad that my buddy Mike understands and shares in my love for this. In anything, it is always nice to be able to share your hobbies with others. That is, of course, why I have this blog.

I will be posting more on wrestling in a little less than a month. Look for my second 'Blog on Location.' COMING SOON!

3 comments:

moremonkeys138 said...

That's awesome. Jericho is one of my favorites to watch. Too bad he isn't on TV right now...

Yankeejetsfan said...

I'm currently reading this book now. It's a fun read. I'm enjoying reading about his wwe days as well as the stuggles he went through to get Fozzy out there. Great book.

Yankeejetsfan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.