Wednesday, April 5, 2023

TTM Success - Robert Wuhl

Bull Durham is my favorite baseball movie.  Mostly because the film was shot in North Carolina, with several scenes shot in Winston-Salem, where I grew up.  I remember my grandfather talking about the movie being filmed in the area.  Mr. Destiny, another baseball-related movie, was shot in Winston, as well.  Anyway, I love Bull Durham, and picked up this 1990 Durham Bulls team set update card of the famous Durham mechanical bull.  You know, "hit bull, win steak".  I sent the card off to actor, Robert Wuhl, who played the assistant coach in the movie.

Wuhl (b. 1951) has appeared in several sports-related movies and TV shows.  He played Al Stump in Cobb; Larry in Bull Durham, and Arliss Micaels in Arli$$.  He also appeared in Good Morning Vietnam, Tim Burton's Batman and American Dad, among numerous other movie and TV roles.

I mailed to Wuhl on January 19 and got the card back on January 30, for an 11-day TAT.

No comments: