Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Another TTM Success From Johnny Grubb

Johnny Grubb was an early TTM subject back in 2016.  I waited a while and compiled a bunch of his cards until I finally pulled the trigger on another request back in January.  I really liked the above 1976 Topps, and I think it turned out great.
The biggest reason I was excited to send to Grubb again was that I would be able to add a 1974 Topps "Washington" card to my autograph album.  It was thought that the Padres were going to move to Washington prior to the 1974 season, but it never came to pass.  Topps tried to get the jump on the move, releasing several players' cards with Washington depicted on the front.  They recalled many of them and replaced the cards with San Diego issues, but some Washington ones still remain.
Finally, I rounded out the submission with a 1977 Topps and a 1980 Topps.

I mailed to Grubb on January 23 and got the cards back on January 28, for a 5-day TAT.

No comments: