Monday, April 10, 2023

April 2023 Graphing of Wood Ducks Opening Week

Finally, the Wood Ducks are back in action, and I did a little bit of graphing last week.  Beginning with the Wood Ducks exhibition game against Mount Olive College, followed by the open practice/meet the team event for season ticket holders, and culminating with a shortened series against the Kannapolis Cannon Ballers, I got a decent amount of stuff signed.
The exhibition game was tough, since rosters weren't posted yet.  I still got some stuff signed.  The meet the team event was equally as difficult, since they didn't post the players names where they were sitting.  So, there was a lot of "What's your name?" going on.  I was able to get these four Carlos Maldonado cards signed that I had been holding onto since the 2018 season.  I had missed him on that team set, since he was sent to coach in Arizona (I think) halfway through the season.
I had held these Jeferson Espinal cards in my snap case for the bulk of last season, once I had heard that the Rangers had traded for him.  He never came last year, so I was glad to finally see him on the roster this year.
Some of the guys who have cards now were late-season call ups last year; while a couple who have Perfect Game cards (like Luis Ramirez) are new to the team.  I was able to knock out all of my Bowman stuff by the end of the meet the team event.  I have since moved on to some Ebay pickups and some 50/50s.
Some of the Ebay pickups have been 2022 Bowman Inception cards like the two above Yeison Morrobels.  The cards look awesome, and I have some en route for Danyer Cueva and Anthony Gutierrez.
I also got some of the true returning guys woh got new cards after the season, like Ian Moller and Cam Cauley.  The new Pro Debuts and Heritage Minors cards look great when signed, and I have already finished off what I pulled for the Woodies.
Finally, there weren't ,any guys on Kannapolis that I had cards of, so I was pretty much done with them after the first game.  Peyton Pallette commended on the 2022 Panini Prizm Draft card that I had pulled.  He was really nice, and asked me how I was doing the next time he saw me.

In all, I got the following autographs: Cam Cauley x 5, Danyer Cueva x 8, Yeison Morrobel x 8, Luis Ramirez x 4, Peyton Pallette x 2, Jordan Sprinkle x 9, Jeferson Espinal x 6, Carlos Maldonaldo x 5, Ian Moller x 5, Anthony Gutierrez x 4 and we also got a ball signed by the entire team, Anthony Gutierrez x 3 (54 total autographs on cards; I'm not counting the ball).

No comments: