Monday, September 14, 2020

TTM Success - Shawn Green

There have been a bunch of private signings that I have wanted to take part in, but this one that popped up for Shawn Green was once I was really excited about.

I had a ton of Green cards dating back to his debut that I have held onto for 20+ years.  So, when the signing came up, I had a ton to choose from.  The above 1995 Studio gold card really turned out awesome.  I loved these cards back in the day, and had even built this set.  The cards have all dissipated over the years, but I still had this Shawn Green.

I wished that this 1995 Score Select Certified Edition came out a bit better, but the card still looks great.  I can't really complain all that much.

Green (b. 1972) played in the majors from 1993 to 2007 for the Blue Jays, Dodgers, Diamondbacks and Mets.  He had 2,003 hits, 328 home runs and a .283 batting average.  He finished 5th in the 1995 AL Rookie of the Year voting, and his best MVP finish was 5th in 2002 (NL).  He was a 2-time All Star (1999 and 2002) and won a Gold Glove and Silver Slugger Award in 1999.

Green appeared on the 2013 Hall of Fame ballot, but only received 0.4% of the vote.  This is most likely due to his connection to PEDs.

I mailed to the private signing on May 20 and got the cards back on June 23, for a 34-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $30.00/card.

No comments: