Monday, September 28, 2020

TTM Success - Pork Chop Pough

I got this 1995 Best card of Pork Chop Pough out of a repack box of cards a long time ago and held onto it because I liked his nickname "Pork Chop".  I had hoped I could get his card signed, and I had to wait until someone finally posted his address on SCN.  Once one popped up, I sent to him, and was able to get the card signed.

Pough (real name, Clyde) was born in 1969 and was a third round draft pick by the Indians in the 1988 June Amateur Draft.  He played in the Indians, Red Sox, Tigers and Royals systems, as well as the Independent, Chinese and Mexican leagues.  Through his professional career, Pough amassed 1,289 hits, 192 home runs and a .263 batting average.

Pough is even a former Kinston Indian.

I mailed to Pough on June 16 and got the card back on July 10, for a 24-day TAT.