Saturday, March 14, 2015

Top Ten Wishlist Pickup - 1948 Leaf Bobby Doerr

I picked up a card from my top ten wishlist recently when I got this 1948 Leaf Bobby Doerr from Ebay.  I have been wanting one of these for a while; I really like the coloring of the cards.  This makes the second 1948 Leaf that I have, my Virgil Trucks RC being the first.

I believe this is the only card I have of Doerr from his playing days.  Doerr is the last living player who had played in the 1930s.  I've had a few people tell me that I should send this TTM to Doerr, but I have gotten him a few times, and I would really like to keep this card as is.

You can see that there are a few creases, but they don't take anything away from the card at all.  The back is clean as well.

I've done a good job so far working on my goal for this year.  I've now knocked off three cards from my top 10 wishlist.  Hopefully, I will be able to grab a few more of them at the National Card Show in July.

No comments: