There was also one of my trusty recycled mailers that found its way back to my desk. Inside was the above signed baseball from 95-year old Ray Hathaway.
Ray Hathaway (b. 10-13-1916) pitched in 4 games in the major leagues in 1945 for the Brooklyn Dodgers. He is one of many players who broke into the majors during the war for a brief stint. He had a record of 0-1, 3 strikeouts and a 4.00 ERA.
Hathaway is my 47th TTM success. I mailed to him on February 11 and got my ball back on March 2, 2012. That made for a 20-day TAT.
In case anyone was wondering, the other TTMs I have pending are:
- Yogi Berra (February 24, 2011)
- Yogi Berra (October 14, 2011)
- Ed Mierkowicz (January 7, 2012)
- Babe Martin (January 17, 2012)
- John Montefusco (January 17, 2012)
- Al Veigel (February 11, 2012)
- Dylan Bundy (February 15, 2012)
- Don Mattingly (February 15, 2012)