Saturday, March 7, 2020

TTM Success - Monty Montgomery

I dipped into my box of cards that I picked up from Conrad a while back, and added two of the cards to my autograph album.  Monty Montgomery really dug his pen into the above 1972 Topps.  The card was already a little beat up, so it doesn't really matter.  It's kind of funny, actually.  I won't be able to finish this card, as Lance Clemons passed away in 2008 at the age of 60.
Montgomery also signed this 1073 Topps, which turned out really well.

Montgomery (b. 1946) is from NC, and graduated from Pfeiffer University, which is located northeast of Charlotte.  He made his debut on my birthday (way back in 1971, before I was born).  He played in the majors in 1971 and 1972 for the Royals.  He had a record of  6-3 with 36 strike outs and a 2.78 ERA.

I mailed to Montgomery on January 20 and got the cards back on January 29, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: