Friday, March 13, 2020

TTM Success - Joe Strain

I got some cards out of my "to be TTMed" box that had been in there for a while.  I sent four cards to Joe Strain.  The above 1981 Topps Traded really looks sharp.  I've said it a lot, but the 1981 set is a really nice set.  I believe 1981 is the set that I have the second most signed card of.  I'm in no way pursuing that set, but I definitely would have a head start if I was.
The above 1980 and 1982 Topps turned out well.  I have a bunch of signed 1980s, as well.  That would also be a good set to take a look at, since that is my birth year.
Finally, I got this 1979 Topps Giants rookies card signed.  I don't think I am going to try to complete the card, as I haven't looked up the other two guys.

Strain (b. 1954) played in the majors from 1979 to 1981 for the Giants and Cubs.  He had 130 hits, 1 home run and a .250 batting average.

I mailed to Strain on January 6 and got the cards back on February 1, for a 26-day TAT.

No comments: