Wednesday, May 29, 2019

May 24, 2019, Graphing of Wood Ducks at Mudcats

Chris and I hit the road this past Friday to go to my parents' to celebrate my sister's baby shower.  On the way out of town, we stopped by Five County Stadium in Zebulon and saw the Wood Ducks take on the Mudcats in a battle of the first and second place teams in the Carolina League Southern Division.  The Wood Ducks held a 3.5 game lead coming into the 4-game series.  The Woodies lost this game, but won the other three, so they now hold a 5.5 game lead in the division and are holding on until the end of the first half.  They hope to clinch a playoff spot, which is very possible.

I didn't have many cards, but the Tristen Lutz cards that I ordered from COMC had come in, and I got those done.  The above Bowman Hi Tek is a blue parallel numbered 68/75.  It turned out really awesome, and I love how it looks.
I also got the Hi Tek base, and a couple Elite Extra Editions.  All of them turned out really well.  Lutz is really nice, and signed everything we had.
I also met up with my good friend, Jackson, who graphs with  us here and there.  He also works for the Wood Ducks, so we see him at a ton of games.  I loved this photo that he posted last year, so without telling him, I made him some Topps custom cards with it.  He really liked them, and finally got around to signing two of them for Chris and I.  I think they turned out really well.  I hope he can put them to use.

No comments: