Sunday, February 18, 2018

TTM Success - Peter Ueberroth

I stole an idea from a fellow autograph set builder in what exactly do I want to do with the checklists from 1987 Topps.  There are 6 checklists in the set and I had 51 checklists in total in my 1987 Topps box.  I don't like throwing anything away, so I figured I would get some signed for personal reasons and a few signed for the set.

One of the ones I had done for the set is this one that I got back from the commissioner at the time, Peter Ueberroth.  I figured it would make sense to include this one in the actual set that I am working on, because of his being the commissioner.

Ueberroth (b. 1937) was the MLB commissioner from 1984 to 1989.  He was responsible for persuading the Cubs to install lights at Wrigley Field and initiated MLB's investigation into Pete Rose and gambling.

He was also the commissioner in charge when the MLB owners were found guilty of collusion in suppressing player contracts.  Many blame the 1994-1995 players' strike on this.

I mailed to Ueberroth on January 22 and got the card back on January 31, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: