Monday, May 8, 2017

TTM Success - Tim Blackwell

I love the pinstriped Cubs uniform on this 1981 Topps Tim Blackwell.  This singular card is what drove me to look and see if Blackwell signed TTM.  I had it in my hoard of 1981 Topps and used my other Topps boxes to add to the TTM request.  Blackwell's mustache just adds to the awesomeness of the cards!
The 1983 and 1982 Topps cards above are the only other cards of Blackwell that I could find at the time I sent the request out.  Still, it was nice to be able to add the to the collection.

Blackwell (b. 1952) played in the majors from 1974 to 1983 for the Red Sox, Phillies, Expos and Cubs.  He had 238 hits, 6 home runs and a .228 batting average.

I mailed to Blackwell on February 1 and got the cards back on April 25, for an 83-day TAT.

No comments: