Saturday, May 6, 2017

TTM Success - Ryan Christenson

Check out the signature on these cards.  As tiny as Ryan Christenson's signature is, it really looks great.  There's something to be said about a nice, tidy signature.  Not like some big blob of ink on a card.  I like it when a player takes the time and care to sign their full name.  Much like Michael Cuddyer learned from Harmon Killebrew.

I had a few nice cards of Christenson that I had found at my LCS.  My favorite is the 1998 Team Best minor league cards (top left).  The Upper Deck MVP (top right) turned out really nice as well.  Well, they all did.

Christenson (b. 1974) played in the majors from 1998 to 2003 for the A's, Diamondbacks, Brewers and Rangers.  He had 222 hits, 16 home runs and a .222 batting average.  Kind of odd that he had as many hits as points in his bating average.  I wonder how common that is.

I mailed to Christenson via the Nashville Sounds on April 3 and got the cards back on April 20, for a 17-day TAT.

No comments: