Wednesday, May 31, 2017

TTM Success - Doug Drabek

I waited and waited before I finally mailed to Doug Drabek for a TTM request.  I had seen that folks had gotten him, but drug my feet in sending to him.  I waited until the season began and sent to him via the Jackson Generals.  This 1993 Studio turned out great, even though the card is really dark.
He inscribed each card, and they all turned out nice.  I wish I had a card of him as an Oriole, but I'm still glad I was able to get what I had signed.
This 1992 Topps turned out really cool.  I had to send off one of his horizontal cards, and it looks great.
Finally, I got a 1987 Topps signed.  I have over 50 signed 1987 Topps now, and show no signs of slowing down on them.  I'm not pursuing the whole set, but it would be cool to get as many as I can.

Drabek (b. 1962) played in the majors from 1986 to 1998 for the Yankees, Pirates, Astros, White Sox and Orioles.  He had a career record of 155-134 with 1,594 strike outs and a 3.73 ERA.  He was the 1990 NL Cy Young Award winner.  He also finished 8th in the NL MVP voting that year.  He also was an All Star in 1994.

I mailed to Drabek on May 12 and got the cards back on May 22, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: