Sunday, April 1, 2012

Some Bargain Cards From the Card Shop

I picked up a bunch of loose cards from the bargain bin on Friday from the Kinston card shop.  I'll start with the legends of the game and go to the Orioles I got later on.
I was really surprised when I found this card for a dollar.  I didn't even know Buck O'Neil had any cards.  I had to pick it up.  This is from 2004 Topps Archives Fan Favorites.
Here is a Donruss Classics Bob Feller.  It's a nice card, but there seems to be a bit of wasted space on the card.  Maybe it's just me.  Still an awesome card of a legend.
Another Feller here in a Donruss Greats.  Not a bad card at all.  Donruss always did a good job I think.  Feller looks like he is about to mow someone down with a 100+ mph fastball.
Finally, we have a 2007 SP Legendary Cuts Jimmie Foxx.  A really nice card from a great set.  I think I might want to bust a box of these sometime soon.  I need to get more cards of Foxx; I've been reading his biography, which is a really good read.  I hope to get the rest of my pickups posted soon.

1 comment:

topher (Crackin Wax/Varsity Trading Cards) said...

***Tell me you read this on my blog when you meet me at the April 7, 2012 Raleigh Card show and I will give you 10% off!!!!***

Ummm... what if all I want is a high five? Do I just get a four and a half instead?