Monday, April 2, 2012

TTM Success - Babe Martin

I was really worried about this one.  I sent to Babe Martin on January 17, 2012.  Other than the two I sent to Yogi Berra, this was the second oldest TTM I had outstanding (the other being the last one I need from the living 1945 Tigers - Ed Mierkowicz).
Martin didn't disappoint.  He signed my ball in blue sharpie and also sent two signed cards of his own.  They both looks really nice signed in blue.
I believe that Martin is the sole surviving member of the 1944 AL Champion St. Louis Browns.  I could be wrong, if I am, someone please correct me.
Martin played 1944-46 with the Browns, 1948-49 with the Red Sox and was back with the Browns for the 1953 season.

In his career, he had 44 hits, 2 home runs and a .214 batting average.  Martin, born on March 28, 1920 is 92 years old.  He is my 51st TTM success.  It took 2 and a half months for the ball to come back to me.