Sunday, April 29, 2012

Busted a Box of 2011 Topps Marquee, Again

We got our state tax check in, finally, so after buying the wife some new clothes and a video game for my son, I was allowed to make a couple purchases at my LCS today in celebration of a nice Orioles walkoff win.  I bought a box of 2012 Gypsy Queen (which will be shown later) and a pack of 2011 Topps Marquee.  The Topps Marquee was my wife's idea, but I picked it up anyway in hopes of pulling something sweet.  Yeah, it wasn't quite that, unless you are a Twins or Mets fan, but I did get an Oriole also.
The big hit was this Johan Santana 4pc jersey (one of which is a nice patch) numbered 165/199.  Not bad... but not worth the price tag.  Oh well, I can sell it, I think.  I have a card show coming up that I think will help me sell this, so we'll see.
I did get an Oriole card that I was looking at for a while on Ebay.  I'm glad I didn't buy it already.  Thing is, it really isn't the most flattering photo of the legendary Brooks Robinson.  He looks a bit old in the photo.  Oh well.  It's still Brooks and I'm glad to have it.

I don't think this pack was quite worth the amount I paid for it, but oh well, it was the thrill of pack busting.  I got that sweet Hank Aaron titanic threads last time, so I was bound to get a semi-clunker this time.  Oh well.

1 comment:

Ryan H said...

I've learned my lesson with buying premium priced packs. Sorry you got a "semi-clunker" this time.