Sunday, November 22, 2020

TTM Success - Dave Rozema

I got some 80s cards signed recently when I got this return from Dave Rozema.  I had his cards in my box for a while, and finally got around to getting them in the mail.  This 1983 Fleer turned out really well.  The box of old Fleer and Donruss is at the bottom of my stack of boxes, so it is tough to get into it at times.  I try to keep a rotation of boxes, but since I prefer Topps cards, I often forget about the older Fleer and Donruss that I have.  I need to make a habit of getting into that box a bit more often, I think.
I also got a 1981 Topps and a 1985 Topps signed by Rozema.  He even inscribed the 85 with "1984 World Series Champs", which was pretty cool.

Rozema (b. 1956) played in the majors from 1977 to 1986 for the Tigers and Rangers.  He had a career record of 60-53 with 448 strike outs and a 3.47 ERA.  He finished 8th in the 1977 AL Cy Young race, and 4th in the 1977 AL Rookie of the Year race.  He (obviously) won the World Series with the Tigers in 1984.

I mailed to Rozema on September 1 and got the cards back on September 11, for a 10-day TAT.  I paid his fee of $5/card.

No comments: