Wednesday, August 5, 2020

TTM Success - Don Leppert

I found out that there were two Don Lepperts who played in the major leagues when I was going through my 1991 Crown Orioles set and pulled the card of the Don Leppert who played for the Orioles.  I went on Sportlots and bought this 1962 Topps, only to find out that this Don Leppert was a different guy.  So, I sent to both Lepperts on the same day and got this signed 1962 Topps back.  I'm still waiting on a return from the former Oriole, Leppert.

Leppert (b. 1931) played in the majors from 1961 to 1964 for the Pirates and Senators.  He had 122 hits, 6 home runs and a .229 batting average.  Somehow, with a .237 average, 6 home runs and 50 hits, he was an All Star in 1963.  He played on a pretty bad Senators team that season, so maybe that's why he was selected as a reserve.

I mailed to Leppert on May 12 and got the card back on May 26, for a 14-day TAT.

No comments: