Thursday, August 13, 2020

TTM Success - Alex White

Someone needs to get the kid a better pen, but I did get a TTM success back from Greenville, NC native, Alex White.  I really liked that the above 2010 Topps Pro Debut had the Kinston Indians logo, but man I with it had a better signature on it. 

You can just barely see White's signature on the above 2011 Bowman Chrome.  Still, both cards are signed, and they are now in my album.  I'll take what I can get and be happy about it.  I was able to use my 2020 Harvey Address book to find White's address, and it worked.

White (b. 1988) played in the majors from 2011 to 2012 for the Indians and Rockies.  He had a career record of 5-13 with 101 strike outs and a 6.03 ERA.  He was a 1st Round (15th overall) pick by the Indians in the 2009 June Amateur Draft out of UNC-Chapel Hill.

I mailed to White on April 25 and got the cards back on June 3, for a 39-day TAT.

1 comment:

Rosenort said...

I had such high hopes for Alex White after the Ubaldo trade. Hyped as a Brandon Webb ceiling and an Aaron Cook floor, didn't quite work out, still have a soft spot in my heart for him as I also pitched and wore #6.