Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Pickup For The 87 Set - Andy Hawkins


He doesn't look too thrilled to be added to my 1987 set, but I found this Andy Hawkins on Ebay, and added it to the set.  He doesn't seem to sign often, so I went ahead and found one that I could afford, and picked it up.

Hawkins (b. 1960) played in the majors from 1982 to 1991 for the Padres, Yankees and A's.  He had a career record of 84-91 with 706 strike outs and a 4.22 ERA.

I now have over 600 signed cards for the 87 set, so I am getting so much closer to finishing it, but I still have a long way to go.

2 comments:

Rebel Coyote said...

Andy was hard to get in person as well. Signed once when he was pitching coach at Omaha.

Rich B. said...

I met him at a Round Rock Express game in Texas, and he signed my '87 Topps card.