Wednesday, September 25, 2019

TTM Success - CD Pelham

It took a while, but I got my cards back TTM from former Wood Ducks pitcher, CD Pelham.  I had heard he was singing via Spring Training by my friend, Gerard, so I sent the cards pretty early on, but they never came back.  In April, I saw CD in Nashville, and even he had no idea where they were.  It didn't matter much to me, I was more happy that he remembered Chris and I when we were in Nashville, and even gave us tickets to one of the games.
Pelham (b. 1995) made it to the Rangers last season, where he played in 10 games.  He had a 7.04 ERA and 7 strike outs.

This season, CD went 1-4 with a 11.97 ERA and 37 strike outs between Nashville (AAA) and Frisco (AA).  It really was a tough year for him.

CD was a 33rd round pick in the 2015 MLB Amateur Draft out of SPartanburg Methodist College, in Spartanburg, SC.  I sure have spent plenty of time in Spartanburg, myself, between Wofford College Football games, Tommy Mauney's chassis shop and Gene Fulton's engine shop.

I mailed to Pelham on February 5 via Rangers Spring Training and got the cards back on August 30, for a 206-day TAT.  In my note, I reminded CD one more time that Jordan is better than Lebron.

No comments: