Saturday, April 14, 2018

TTM Success - Leroy Stanton

Leroy Stanton's cards sat in my "to be TTMed" box for quite a while.  I was waiting around to see if I could find a few more of his cards.  I went ahead and mailed to him when I realized I probably wasn't going to find any others any time soon.  This 1975 Topps came out of the stack that my friend, Max, sent me a long time ago.
The Topps buyback card on the right is the one that really drove this TTM request.  I'm not a fan of the stamp on vintage cards, since I like building sets, but for the purposes of this TTM request, it was pretty cool.

Stanton (b. 1946) played in the majors from 1970 to 1978 for the Mets, Angels and Mariners.  He had 628 hits, 77 home runs and a .244 batting average.

I mailed to Stanton on March 10 and got the cards back on March 15, for a 5-day TAT.

No comments: