Thursday, April 19, 2018

Hall of Fame Signed Baseball - Trevor Hoffman

Surprisingly, I haven't been very active in adding to my Hall of Fame signed baseball collection lately.  I added a few new guys by default in January when the Hall of Fame election results were announced.  Other than that, I haven't sought out anyone, and definitely haven't purchased any.

When my good friend, Max, came along and asked me if I would be interested in making a deal with him for some baseballs, I listened.  I sent him a few signed balls and in return, I landed three big names, one of which is Hall of Famer, Trevor Hoffman.

Hoffman (b. 1967) played in the majors from 1993 to 2010 for the Marlins, Padres and Brewers.  He had a career record of 61-75 with an ERA of 2.87 and 1,133 strike outs.  His 601 career saves are second all-time (Mariano Rivera is first).  He was a 7-time All Star.  His best finish in the Cy Young voting was second (1998 and 2006).  He was elected to the Hall of Fame in January (his third ballot) when he received 79.9% of the vote.

Hoffman is now my 138th Hall of Famer on a baseball.  Thanks for the deal, Max!

No comments: