Monday, October 16, 2017

TTM Success - Eli Whiteside

I always enjoy obtaining an autograph of a former Oriole, no matter how obscure the player.  I had a couple Eli Whiteside cards in my box, so I figured I would take a shot at sending to him via the Giants this season.  Luckily, I got two of the three cards back that I sent, and they turned out really nicely.  I love the above 2003 Topps Chrome.  This is a really pretty set, and the card looks great in person.
I had two of these 2012 Topps of Whiteside, so I went ahead and sent them both.  He kept one of the cards, which is fine.

Whiteside (b. 1979) played in the majors in 2005, 2009 to 2012 and 2014 for the Orioles, Giants and Cubs.  He had 108 hits, 10 home runs and a .210 batting average.  He was on the Giants teams that won the World Series in 2010 and 2012, but he did not appear in those post seasons.  He is now the bullpen catcher for the Giants.

I mailed to Whiteside via the Giants Spring Training on February 23 and got the cards back on October 5, for a 224-day TAT.

No comments: