Tuesday, October 31, 2017

TTM Success - Xavier Hernandez

This was a nice change in TTM pace with this success from Xavier Hernandez.  I definitely don't mind getting 1987s in, but I got some cool 1990s cards in with this success.  The above 1995 Fleer was a really cool card to get signed.  Again, like I have said so many times, this is such a freaky set.  It's like the printing machine went nuts and Fleer just stuck with whatever came out.  I love the card, though, and it was an easy pick to send along.
As nuts as 1995 Fleer is, 1996 Fleer is basic and straightforward.  The matte finish lends to a nice auto, so I had to send this one along as well.
In the end, I sent two Fleer, two Donruss and two Topps to get signed.  They all look great, I think.  I'm glad I tossed the 1991 Donruss in, as I had a ton of them when I was growing up, and not enough represented in my album.

Hernandez (b. 1965) played in the majors from 1989 to 1998 for the Blue Jays, Astros, Yankees, Reds and Rangers.  He had a career record of 40-35, 562 strike outs and an ERA of 3.90.

I mailed to Hernandez on September 28 and got the cards back on October 23, for a 25-day TAT.

No comments: