Wednesday, October 4, 2017

TTM Success - Jim Walewander

Sometimes, when you send out a TTM request, the player will send their own cards along with what you sent.  This happened early on for me, when Virgil Trucks sent me a couple signed cards along with my baseball.  I wasn't expecting an extra card from Jim Walewander, I was just hoping the second time sending would be a charm since the first address didn't work.

Walewander sent this awesome art card along with the cards I sent, and it looks really cool!
I used the request to add some late 80s Topps cards to my album like this 1988.  I have a ton of cards from 1988, but the box was at the bottom of my stack of Topps boxes, so this set is often overlooked.
I sent out a 1990 CMC (top left) that I found in a box that Mom rescued from the attic, and the top right 1989 Pro Cards minor league card came out of a box that my wife got me a long time ago for my birthday.

Walewander (b. 1962) played in the majors in 1987, 1988, 1990 and 1993 for the Tigers, Yankees and Angels.  He had a 52 hits, one home run and a .215 batting average.

I mailed to Walewander on September 14 and got the cards back on September 23, for a 9-day TAT.  This was my second attempt, as his listed address has changed.

No comments: