Saturday, October 7, 2017

TTM Success - Willie Horton

I made a concerted effort recently to clean up my TTM box.  I spent several days organizing it, and alphabetizing it.  Another thing I wanted to do to help manage the box, was to finally take the plunge and send off to some more of the players who charge for their autos.  I had a separate section in my box devoted to such players, and many of them have been sitting in there for over a year.

Finally, I got around to sending to a few of them.  One of the players I had been waiting to send to for a long time was Willie Horton.  I kept putting it off, and decided that when I was going to pay the money, he would be one of the first I wou;d sent to.
I had some really nice cards of Horton to send.  The 1992 Action Packed (right) was one I really wanted to add to the album.  I have since added a Boog Powell to the album, so this isn't the first, but I meant for it to be!  I also got this nice 1976 Topps card done.  I had a few of Horton's Topps cards available, but I thought that the 1976 would look the best out of what I was going to send.

Horton (b. 1942) played in the majors from 1963 to 1980 for the Tigers, Rangers, Indians, A's, Blue Jays and Mariners.  He had 1,993 hits, 325 home runs and a .273 batting average.  He was an All Star 4 times in his career, and his best MVP finish was 4th (1968).  He won the World Series with the Tigers in 1968.

I mailed to Horton on September 16 and got the cards back on September 28, for a 12-day TAT.  I paid his fee of $10/card.

No comments: