Sunday, June 18, 2017

TTM Success - Pete Schourek

I sat on these Pete Schourek cards for a long time because I kept finding him in my card boxes and figured I would wait until I had plenty to choose from.  I did get a nice stack going, and used them to populate a few sets that might be a little under-represented in my albums.  This above 1996 Pinnacle Museum was the one card that I really wanted to get back.  It turned out great.
The 1992 Score Rising Star turned out really nice, as well.  It will be a colorful addition to the album, as I see that I ended up choosing mostly white bordered cards for this TTM request.  Maybe I should have thought that through a little more.  I did like the 1993 Donruss due to the Mets jersey, though.
I wanted a couple Topps cards, as usual, so I included the 1992 and 1993 on the bottom.  I also don't have very many Upper Deck represented in the albums, so I used this opportunity to get a 1992 and 1993 Upper Deck signed.  They usually aren't my first choice to get signed, but they look nice, I think.

Schourek (b. 1969) played in the majors from 1991 to 2001 for the Mets, Reds, Astros, Red Sox and Pirates.  He had a career record of 66-77 with 813 strike outs and an ERA of 4.59.  He had his best season in 1995 with the Reds, where he went 18-7 with a 3.22 ERA.  He finished second in the NL Cy Young Award voting that season, and also was 20th in the NL MVP voting.

I mailed to Schourek on May 9 and got the cards back on June 10, for a 32-day TAT.

No comments: