Monday, June 12, 2017

TTM Success - Lerrin LaGrow

It was bound to happen.  I have sent off over 500 TTM requests over the last calendar year and have been really lucky with my cards coming back in decent shape.  I don't send my cards in top loaders or sleeves due to the fesr that some of the older players will just sign the sleeves (it has happened).

The sad part is, this 1971 Lerrin LaGrow rookie card was beautiful when I sent it out.  Still, I am grateful I got something back at all.  I know it was USPS that wrecked the cards, but I don't intend to change my ways in how I do my TTMs.
The cards were creased and bent pretty badly, but they will still go in my album.  I kept them in top loaders for a few days in hopes of straightening them out.  It didn't work all that well, but the album should help too.

LaGrow (b. 1948) played in the majors from 1970 and 1972 to 1980 for the Tigers, Cardinals, White Sox, Dodgers and Phillies.  He had a career record of 34-55 with 375 strike outs and a 4,11 ERA.

I mailed to LaGrow on May 8 and got the cards back on June 3, for a 26-day TAT.

No comments: