Monday, August 6, 2012

Hall of Fame Signed Baseball - Jim Rice

As I get ready to take the family to the Orioles-Mariners game tonight, I decided that the first item from the card show that I would showcase would be the first Hall of Fame baseball I picked up.

We had to swap our autograph tickets because both Ralph Kiner and Frank Robinson canceled due to illness.  I haven't heard anything about either having major health issues and with Kiner (who is 89) you tend to get really worried.  So, in exchange for my Saturday autograph meeting with Robinson, I was able to get Jim Rice.  Since I didn't already have him, it was a wash.
He signed the ball on the sweet spot, but we did not pay the extra amount for an inscription.  No big deal for me.  The ball looks good, though.  We bought OMLB balls at Wal Mart before we left town for the show.  They normally have them for $14.86 and that is what the price sticker said for them.  When we went through the checkout, the balls rang up for $11.00.  Woo hoo!  Got em on sale!
So, Chris got to meet another Hall of Famer.  He has met Tommy Lasorda, Cal Ripken, Jim Palmer and Jim Rice.  I have met the 3 previously mentioned Hall of Famers as well as Brooks Robinson, Bert Blyleven, Earl Weaver and Tommy Lasorda.  I'm probably forgetting one or another, though.  Rice is my 71st Hall of Fame signed baseball.  Stay tuned for our other Hall of Fame autograph session and a recap of tonight's game.

2 comments:

Drew said...

Ball looks great man! Nice add!

Daniel Wilson said...

71 HOF autographed baseballs! That is awesome! Great experience for you and your son!