Sunday, August 12, 2012

TTM Success - Dale Murphy

I still have a good bit of stuff to blog concerning my vacation and the National Card Show, but before I forget, I wanted to mention that I received two TTM successes while I was away.  Chris and I were at the Montgomery Biscuits game when my wife texted me that I had two of my mailers come in.  I told her to put them aside and I would open them when I got home.
The first ball I got was one I had been hoping for for some time, Dale Murphy.  I mailed to Mr. Murphy on June 25, 2012 and got the ball back on Monday, July 30, 2012.  That made him a month+ TAT.  He inscribed the ball NL MVP 82, 83.

Murphy (b. 1956) played in the majors from 1976 to 1993 for the Braves, Phillies and Rockies.  He ended his career with 2,111 hits, 398 home runs and a .265 batting average.  The two-time NL MVP played on some BAD Braves teams back in the early 80s.  He has stayed on the HOF ballot for 14 years, never garnering more than 23.2% of the vote (of the 75% needed to gain election).  It definitely looks like Murphy will be on the outside looking in this year as well.  I think he will probably get in eventually, via the veterans committee.

Murphy is my 63rd TTM success.  Also, he did not charge a fee.  Stay tuned for the other TTM success and more from the National Card Show.

2 comments:

PAB said...

Agree with you on Murphy getting in via the veterans committee. Nice signature - Happy for you!

Chunter said...

I believe Dale is a HOF type of person, period. Congrats!