Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 2 of the National

Well, the National is over and I left with $30 left out of my budget.  I got a ton of stuff and saw a lot of things.  I only knocked off two cards from my want list, but found so many other things I had thought about for a while.  First, we met Joe Morgan this morning.  He was really nice and when I went to take Chris' picture, he motioned for him to come to his side of the table for the photo.
Chris and I got baseballs sighed by Mr. Morgan, which I will show in another post.  He was stationed between Mike Tyson and Fergie Jenkins.
Jenkins' line went really quick.  He looked pretty bored while we were waiting on the Tristar guys to call our number for Morgan.
We were able to get close to Pete Rose and Mike Tyson.  It was pretty cool to be able to be so close to living legends.
After the signing I got my ball authenticated by Tristar (thanks to Julie)/.  Then, I walked around and picked up some odds and ends.  I also took a look at a ton of cool stuff like the below jerseys.
So, my haul was significant.  I ended up with 4 Hall of Fame baseballs, one ball signed by an Oriole legend, one signed by a former member of the AAGPBL.  I got a complete set of 1992 Conlon Collection, a ton of Orioles cards/inserts and two bobbleheads.  I now have plenty of things to blog about for a long time.
In the end, I had an awesome time at my first National.  I would love to be able to go again.  Next year's show is in Chicago.  My wife wants to go, so we might head that way next year.    Stay tuned for a deeper look into the stuff I was ale to pick up.

4 comments:

Justin McLeod said...

Can't wait to see the AAGPBL auto!

Funner Here said...

Glad I ran into you when I did so I could give you the free ticket. Sounds like you had a great time--I did too!

Drew said...

Great stuff dude! I'd love to meet Tyson, but he charges a bit too much for me. Love the pic of Chris with Joe Morgan!

Play at the Plate said...

I officially take back one bad thing I've said about Joe Morgan in my life for being cool to your kid. But just one. Nice haul!