Friday, March 15, 2024

TTM Success - Kevin Bacon

Sending an egg card to Kevin Bacon shouldn't take a whole lot of explanation, I hope.  If you're wondering, sit here for a second and think about it. Anyway, I saw that Kevin Bacon was (maybe) signing, so I picked up this egg card from 2019 Allen amd Ginter and sent it out with a 1987 Topps checklist. Why the checklist? Come on, keep up. Because I have a ton of them still and no clue what to do with them, so I'm adding odd signatures to my album because it's my album and I can.
So, I sent the cards off AND BACON SIGNED THE BACK OF THE EGG CARD!!!! Cue the sad trombone. Oh well, they're signed.  I said maybe earlier because I saw that there may be some question about whether or not these signatures are secretarial. Well, I'm taking them as signed.

Bacon (b. 1958) is known for such movies as Friday the 13th, Animal House, She's Having a Baby, Footloose, Tremors and A Few Good Men.  Obviously, he's been in a ton more. So much so, there's a fun game to play, Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.  I used to love playing that.

I mailed to Bacon on March 6 and got the cards back on March 14, for an 8-day TAT. 

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Bummer he didn't sign the egg, but it's still really cool. I really liked his show: The Following.

Jafronius said...

Sadly, I had to think about it before I got it. Very cool though, even if he signed the back.