Wednesday, March 27, 2024

March 27, 2024, Graphing of UNCW at ECU

Last night, my friend Jesse and I went to see UNCW at ECU.  I actually hadn't graphed at ECU before, so this was a new experience for me.  I wanted to get Parker Byrd on the Bowman U card that i picked up.  The card turned out great.

Byrd was injured in a boating accident last summer and lost his leg.  He now plays on a prosthetic leg, and got into a game earlier this season. He was a really nice guy when he signed for us.
Trey Yesavage was the first autograph I got at a game this season.  His card is an Onyx card, and turned out great.

I had seen that Bryant Packard was one of the graduate assistant coaches, so i was able to get my one card that i had of him signed.
Finally, I searched the roster and found that four of the guys had Perfect Game cards.  I got everyone that I had cards of, except for Bristol Carter.  Pregame, he said he'd get me after the game, then after the game, he wasn't feeling well and had already left the facility.  All good, I'll probably try to go back and finish him up.  I almost had a clean sweep for the first time in forever.

The Pirates won the game 7-4, after coming from behind after being down 4-0 in the second inning.  We didn't get to see Byrd play, but we did get to watch him practice.

In all, we got the following autographs: Isaac Armstrong x 10, Walker Barron x 10, Parker Byrd x 3, Jason Janesko x 10, Bryant Packard x 1 and Trey Yesavage x 1 (35).

1 comment:

Jafronius said...

I hadn't heard about Byrd, hopefully he continues to excel!