Sunday, March 17, 2024

TTM Success - Jim Boudreau

While going through boxes the other day, I found this 2006 Upper Deck Legendary Cuts card of Lou Boudreau.  I love the design, but Boudreau has been gone for some time now, so there no way I'd be able to get him to sign it.  I figured I'd try to get one of his kids to sign it; his daughter is married to Denny McLain.  I did some digging and found an address for his son, Jim.  I initially thought it was Boudreau's grandson, but Jim Boudreau corrected me.
Something really cool happened, though; Jim added his dad's auto to the TTM request.  He must have had a stash of his dad's signed cards somewhere.  That was really cool of him.
I also got a note back, explaining that my guess was wrong.  Still, I'm glad I gave it a shot and sent the card out.

I mailed to Boudreau on March 2 and got the card back on March 16, for a 14-day TAT. 

No comments: