Sunday, March 17, 2024

GalaxyCon Richmond 2024

Yesterday, Chris, Jesse and I went to GalaxyCon in Richmond.  I was originally going there to meet Carl Weathers, but after his passing, I settled for Dolph Lundgren and a couple wrestlers.  I was very disappointed in the setup of the Con.  The line to get in the door took us 3 hours, after we circled the venue for almost an hour trying to find parking.
We finally got in and got the autographs we were looking for.  Dolph was really nice.  I didn't get a chance to say a whole lot because it was so crowded, but it was a positive experience meeting him. I wanted my card signed in blue but was in such a hurry getting through the line, I wasn't able to ask him to switch pens.  That was no one's fault.  I was still irritated abd flustered about a guy cutting in front of me in line.
The next booth we stopped at was Barry Windham to finish this 1985 WWF card of the US Express.  They have just been announced as members of WWE's Hall of Fame class of 2024.  Windham was nice enough to add the HOF 24 inscription without us even asking.  I had gotten. Mike Rotunda on the card TTM a couple weeks ago.  I was going to send a picture of this card to my cousin Lynn this morning since I knew she liked Windham and she was the one who got me into wrestling so many years ago.  She passed away this morning, sadly.  It was kind of strange because she was legitimately in my thoughts just yesterday. How short life is astounds me sometimes.
Onto more positive things, I got this card signed by Rikishi yesterday in yellow paint pen.  The card really pops, as Rikishi even said himself.
Rikishi wad really cool, as well.  We talked about who he had in the Wrestlemania match between Roman Reigns and Cody Rhodes.  We also talked about how I'd like yo sew him come out and get involved in the Bloodline storyline since he is a senior member of the Anoa'i family.

The poor planning and logistics aside, we did have a good time.  I'm glad Jesse was able to come on the trip with Chris and I.  It took an 11th hour miracle in finding a ticket, but it worked out.

Now that the ComiCon is out of the way, it's time for me to focus on getting prepped for the season. 

3 comments:

Ryan H said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. Life is short but sweet they say but it doesn't make the tough times any easier. I'm sorry we weren't in town to go to with yall and hang out but with the baseball season right around the corner, we'll get that opportunity real soon, I'm sure of it!

Fuji said...

Sorry for your loss.

Jafronius said...

Belated condolences on your loss. Glad you were able to have an overall good time at the convention.