Thursday, June 8, 2023

TTM Success - Jack Fisher

A private signing came along that afforded me the opportunity to get the above 1991 Crown Orioles card signed by Jack Fisher.  Of course, I'm not officially going for the set, but it does add some guys I can pursue via TTM and I've been a little more active in going after the older and/or lesser known guys.
A cool thing about this signing was that I paid for the 1991 Crown to be signed, but Fisher included these two signed cards showing that he gave up Ted Williams's 521st and Roger Maris's 60th home runs.  While dubious honors, it's cool that Fisher has accepted his place in baseball history.

Fisher (b. 1939) played in the majors from 1959 to 1969 for the Orioles, Giants, Mets, White Sox and Reds.  He had a record of 86-139 with 1,017 strike outs and a 4.06 ERA.

I mailed to the signing on January 30 and got the cards back on February 16, for a 17-day TAT. 

No comments: