Sunday, June 11, 2023

June 10, 2023, Graphing of the Blue Rocks at Grasshoppers

The plan this weekend was to go to Greensboro and do a little graphing while the Wilmington Blue Rocks were in town.  I was in the area for work and stayed the weekend at the farm.

I was lucky I had a ball and blue pen in my bag, because the first person I saw come out of the tunnel to the clubhouse was former World Series winning manager, Jack McKeon.  I got my ball signed, and it turned out pretty well, save for the J in Jack. 
When I left on Wednesday, I didnt check to see if Wilmington's roster had changed.  Brady House had been called up to Wilmington from Fredericksburg.  Of course, my House cards were left at home.  I did find a few at the LCS in Winston-Salem. In the end, House only signed one card outsode after the game.  He was pretty tough, but i was lucky enough to get him.
I didn't have a whole lot of cards for either team, but I made do with what I had.  I got every card I brought for Jake Bennett and Jared McKenzie signed.
I had my little cousin Ale with me, so he was able to get an extra Jeremy De La Rosa signed for me.  De La Rosa used to sign everything, but has gone down to one per.

I also didn't have much for Greensboro. I got everything signed that I brought for the Grasshoppers, which was nice.  The Blue Rocks won the game and I had a good time.

In all, I got the following autographs: Jase Bowen x 3, Thomas Harrington x 2, Robby Hammock x 1, Jake Bennett x 2, Jeremy De La Rosa x 2, Jared McKenzie x 2, Brady House x 1 and Jack McKeon x 1 (13 total autographs).

No comments: