Thursday, July 22, 2021

TTM Success - Jimmy Yacabonis

This 2019 Norfolk Tides card of Jimmy Yacabonis was something I picked up at a Norfolk game a while back since I didn't have any cards of his.  I missed getting his signature while I was there, so I waited, and saw that he signed TTM.  I finally got the card signed, which was nice, but it came well after he left the Orioles organization.
I was also able to get this 2019 Topps signed.  I always enjoy this set, so I was glad to add another to my album.

Yacabonis (b. 1992) played in the majors in 2017 to 2020 for the Orioles and Mariners.  He had a career record of 3-5 with 75 strike outs and a 5.71 ERA.  I just now realized that he was born in Elizabeth, NJ, which is where my dad's entire side of the family came from.

I mailed to Yacabonis on February 25 via Mariners Spring Training and got the cards back on March 9, for a 12-day TAT.

No comments: