Saturday, July 31, 2021

TTM Success - Akinori Iwamura

This TTM success from Akinori Iwamura came all the way from Japan.  I had a few international stamps left over and saw that Iwamura was signing, so I took a chance.  I sent him $3 to cover the return shipping, and was really happy to see these cards come back. 
I sent a 2010 Topps, 2007 Topps Rookie 52, 200i Goudey and two chrome 2007 Turkey Red (the one on the right is a refractor).
Iwamura (b. 1979) played in the majors from 2007 to 2010 for the Rays, Pirates and As.  He had 413 hits, 16 home runs and a .267 batting average. 

I mailed to Iwamura on January 27 and got the cards back on March 12, for a 44-day TAT.  I mailed to him via a Fukushima Redhopes.

1 comment:

Justin McLeod said...

William, I will soon be mailing to Iwamura and also Tadahito Iguchi and Daisuke Matsuzaka. I would be glad to include additional cards for the latter two for you and also wondered if you would be willing to give me some helpful tips on your mailing to Iwamura.

Did you have to fill out any custom forms in the package to or from Japan? Did you address your envelope(s) in English, Japanese, or both?

Thanks!
Justin
jmcleod@justinsworldsb.com