Saturday, January 2, 2021

TTM Success - Mike Trombley

I dug deep into the super junk wax era and got a few cards out of my boxes and into my autograph album.  I have so many cards from 1992-1994, it's sad.  A lot of them just sit around in boxes taking up space, and it can be really hard to get rid of them sometimes.  So, when I see someone like Mike Trombley signing, I take advantage of it.  The best part, Trombley signs a lot of cards, so I was able to get 5 of them out of my boxes (and a lot more that I sent out to other friends in TTM starter packs.

I have a whole 5,000-count box of 1993 Fleer.  They're not bad cards, they just sit at the bottom of my closet, and I can't get into the box often enough.  The cards look nice when signed, so I think I need to make an extra effort to get more out into the mail.
I also got a 1993 Donruss, 1994 Donruss, 1996 Ultra, and a 1994 Score signed by Trombley.  1994 Score is another set that I have a ton of.  I wish it was a box of 95 Score, but I guess I'll have to deal with what I've got.

Trombley (b. 1967) played in the majors from 1992 to 2002 for the Twins, Orioles and Dodgers.  He had a career record of 37-47 with 672 strike outs and a 4.48 ERA.

I mailed to Trombley on October 13 and got the cards back on October 22 for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: