Saturday, January 2, 2021

TTM Success - Alex Gonzalez

I had cards of both Alex Gonzalez guys in my box for a long time that I had put aside for TTMs.  I had thought that I had seen that each was signing, but I guess I missed the window.  So, when I saw that the Marlins Gonzalez (and not the Blue Jay) was signing through a private signing, I went ahead and got two cards done and out of my box.  **Whoops, I wrote this entire post and realized that I DID get this Alex Gonzalez TTM.  I think he stopped after I got him.  Anyway, I got these two cards via a private signing.  Oops.
I thought I picked some nice cards.  The 2004 Topps at the top of the post turned out great, as did the above 2000 Topps Gold Label.  Man, that thing scanned sharp!

Gonzalez (b. 1977) played in the majors from 1998 to 2007 and 2009 to 2014 for the Marlins, Red Sox, Reds, Blue Jays, Braves, Brewers and Tigers.  He had 1,418 hits, 157 home runs and a .245 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1999 and won the World Series with the Marlins in 2003.

I mailed to the signing on August 29 and got the cards back on October 23, for a 55-day TAT.  I paid a fee of $10/card.

No comments: